RE: [RT] Re: OOPS - There goes the anticipate rate decrease

  • To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [RT] Re: OOPS - There goes the anticipate rate decrease
  • From: BobsKC <bobskc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 19:43:24 -0800

At 08:58 PM 12/31/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I would take the statement from the last Fed meeting as being more important
>than Moskow's statement. High energy prices can and do cause recessions.
>Only time will tell. I am not saying it is a guarantee (a cut), but as of
>now, I'd be surprised if they did not ease 25 bps next month.

I'll be shocked if they don't ease by that and the reasons are many.  I'm
not sure there won't be a .25 cut before the meeting and if there is, a
50/50 chance of another one at the meeting.   Please remember that there is
a lot more to the decision than inflation issues.. right now, political
considerations are running high and the psychology of the markets which
brought about at least a few of the hikes, is now such to bring about a few
decreases.  This Fed Chairman is the greatest friend a trader ever had.  He
pushes em up and takes em down and pushes em up and ......  ...   Anyone
who doesn't love this guy has taken up a one tracked mind set and gets
burned a lot.

Anyway, it's New Year's Eve .. Happy New Year to the list and a healthy,
profitable, 2001

Bob

>---
>Steven W. Poser, President