Re[3]: [RT] GEN: EOD Data Service - Genesis

  • To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re[3]: [RT] GEN: EOD Data Service - Genesis
  • From: "Research Dept." <research@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 13:16:02 -0800

Hello Timothy,

TM> I have no relationship with CSI other than that of a user for just about twenty years.

i  have  been  a  user  myself  since  87.

TM> I agree that the database distribution can be lengthy.

then this is all i am after is for someone ( preferably Bob Pelletier
bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  ) to understand that is does me absolutely NO GOOD
to  PAY for his entire database of FUTURES and Stocks ect.  and not be
able  to  use  it  because HIS SOFTWARE IS SO SLOW!  and it just keeps
getting  worst  with  every eye candy feature he keeps adding to it in
his unending quest to become a tradestation.

TM>  I collect all futures around the world but no stocks. They use a proprietary method of
TM> database management and compression to keep the file sizes on your hard
TM> drive manageable and I assume that lengthens the distribution process.

again thank you for admitting that the download process is slow, if
you took everything like i do then you would shoot yourself each each
time you used CSI - for this reason i had rather use dial data (puke)
and correct all the mistakes - i would still have time to sleep each
day.

the  other  thing  tell  me  how  long  it  would  take you to make up
portfolios  of  back  adjusted  data  on  every  world  commodity from
scratch.   i'll  tell you a single person could not do it in 40 hours.
i  know  i tried.  in fact i bet it would take at least 90 hours to do
them all.  bob changed the software in all his wisdom so that you have
to  specify all the settings and the singular commodity ONE AT A TIME!
 what a pain "do you feel my pain"? no well try it and you will.

TM> collect my data right before I leave my trading room to go cook dinner, and
TM> I use my 'work on-line' machine, so I am not bothered by the distribution time.

TM> Over the years I have used just about every data vendor, but I have always
TM> found CSI's end of day data the cleanest, so I am still a satisfied customer.

I  AM TOTALLY SATISFIED WITH THE DARN DATA!  OK!  SATISFIED GOOD DATA
DOES  EVERYONE  GET IT? GOOD DATA - FINE DATA - GREAT DATA - FANTASTIC
DATA.

the  speed  of the DISTRIBUTION  can not even be rated because it's
so slow it does not even rate on a speed scale!

TM> I posted because someone mentioned that they had heard that esignal's data
TM> was as clean as CSI's end of day data, which is far from the truth. Like
TM> Mark, I am always looking for better, faster and cleaner data, whether it
TM> is end of day or real-time data.

mee too!

TM> By the way...now that DBC has just totally crippled BMI's "real-time" data,
TM> can we all get a few comments about esignal from traders that have switched
TM> from BMI or that have CQG or FutureSource as a comparative standard?
TM> Timely? Clean? Reliable?

TM> Thanks.

TM> Tim Morge

Click here for more details: