[RT] Re: Adv\Decl oddball

Greetings Bob,
  I'm trying to get hold of intraday adv/decl data. I have another
approach I'd like to try. Neville was kind enough to send the $adv.omz
file that Mark posted last week. However, like you, my idea will
require decline data. If you know of a site where I can download a
few months of intraday NYSE decline data I would certainly appreciate
it. Thanks for your time.

                                   Regards Harold
--- In realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx, "BobR" <bobrabcd@xxxx> wrote:
> Friday's 2000+ advances caught my eye too and to decided what to do
about it
> requires some more tools.  Looking at the cumulative net volume,
CVnya,
> helps to decide if the strong advances would be followed by a
reversal.  The
> hourly cumulative net volume(Moontide) is just now coming off of a
bottom
> and should be making a rounded top when the ADV is peaking.   So I
would say
> its a bit early to make a complete reversal.  It might make a
partial
> pullback, but my guess is it would be bought into and then move
higher next
> week.  One general observation is that the $ADV or $DECL can run
for 3 to 5
> days before a trend reversal.  So once you get a buy, start the
countdown
> timer for risk control.  The other useful view is the flow rate and
raw net
> volume.  This is discretionary stuff but the simple directional and
strength
> volume patterns  can add a degree of psychological conviction to the
> decision making process.  After 3 days of increasing $ADV a trader
might
> look for price to continue up a bit and the $ADV to drop off or
diverge
> before an actual price reversal occurs.  Divergences between price
and
> breadth can be the clue.
>
> BobR

eGroups eLerts