size=2>Jimmy

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Research Dept.
  [mailto:research@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, December 22, 2000
  10:10 AMTo: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re[2]: [RT]
  Re: Mark's not so Oddball SystemHello
  BobR,B> If the posted system code is used with TS2k, then it might
  require enablingB> the symbol/chart formatting to natural hour bars to
  get similar results toB> Mark's.B>  With his
  software there might be another configuration option.  CanB> you
  elaborate on that Mark?whatever software you use it should be noted
  that (using chicago time)my  first  reading  of
  the  market is at 9:00am i ignore the first 30minutes of
  he  market completely, and likewise the last reading is
  at3:00pm  ignoring  the  last  15 minutes of the
  trading session for thefutures.   the  nyse  advancing
  issues of course end at 3:00pm howeverbecause  often  a signal
  will be given on the last reading of the day.this   makes
  it  possible  to  enter the trade on the futures
  becausethere  is  still  15  minutes  left
  in  the  session to get the tradeexecuted.
  this  makes  the historical backtesting very realistic
  andthe  results  obtainable as  opposed  to
  other  systems which give unobtainable results.the
  software that i developed this system on is a ned davis<A
  href="http://www.ndr.com";>http://www.ndr.com product called a
  "TECHNALYZER" it cost 100,000.00per year just to lease the software not
  including the data feed andcomputers ect. that it takes to run the beast.
  (may sound likebragging but i want to convey how well this concept was
  tested overmassive amounts of data using equipment not available to the
  averageindividual) this software is only in the hands of 6 traders -
  thelikes of paul tutor jones ect. much of my research is being done on
  acray   t-90   <A
  href="http://www.cray.com/products/systems/crayt90";>http://www.cray.com/products/systems/crayt90
  which  isprivately  owned.   this  software is
  able to data mine for parametersthat ar user specified.  in other
  words i tell it that i want a systemresults to have a 50+ percent win
  ration and a max drawdown period notto  exceed  9 months and a
  min p/l trade size of 300.00 and on and on.once  it  takes me
  about a week to program all this the cray kicks outthe  results in
  about 10 seconds. this would be a the time it takes toanalyzed
  something  complicated, simple things can be in the blink ofan
  eye the thing runs zillions of test.  so in summation this
  conceptis  not  just  some average run of the mill system -
  it was originallydeveloped   in  1992  and
  i  am  just  releasing  it  because
  recentimprovements have delivered to me a better
  method.being  like  any veteran in the trading business i
  too have known thatno  one  every gives away good systems.
  in fact most systems that aresold  are over optimized mush that will
  fall apart.  i wanted to shareand  give  some  of what
  i have been overly blessed with and break themold  that good
  systems  don't  get sold they get traded.  in my
  casesince  i have never sold a system in my life, being the radical
  that iam  i choose to give it away.  knowing that when you give
  you get backin  return,  this  is  just
  the  first of years of research i plan todisclose, i have more than i
  could ever use in a lifetime. look at theexcellent work that bob has done
  with the concept already and given itaway.disclosure:
  i  am  a  professional  and  a  individual
  trader who hasaffiliations  with  various  trading
  related  businesses.   i try andmaintain a separation
  between my professional business and my personalpassion  which
  is market research.  i trade to finance my research, ido
  not  trade  with  making  money in mind.  i trade
  with the idea ofcontinuing  my private research, this is what i am
  driven to do.B> Thanks,B>
  BobR-- Best
  regards,Research
  mailto:research@xxxxxxxxxxxxxTo