Re: [RT] Interactive Brokers - stops

Joe,

Thanks for your lengthy reply.

Would you mind clarifying a few points?

1. Do you have full charting/quoting capabilities with PATS, or do you pay
someone else for that? If it does provide full, quick, and accurate data it
mitigates some of the cost you mentioned.

2. Who is your broker, and what other brokers are you aware of?

3. Is there any passing the buck between your broker and PATS re:
responsibility for bad fills, or other errors we would normally attribute to
a broker?

I agree PFG has to get their reliability and their dispute resolution
(support) processes together to be a quality broker. I hope it happens, but
as with many other electronic brokers, data providers & software tools in
this business, I haven't seen much dedication to a quality experience yet.
Lots of talk, less action.

Thanks again for your brief.

Eliot

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Eliot Kaplan
20211 Croydon Lane
Topanga, CA 90290
Voice: 310.455.3810
Fax: 310.455.3085
email; eliot@xxxxxxx
web: www.isu.com

> From: "Joe Duffy" <joeduffy@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 11:17:50 -0500
> To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [RT] Interactive Brokers - stops
>
>> Joe,
>>
>> Would you elaborate further on PATS?
>>
>> eMini Commissions, interface/ease of use, speed, quality of fills,
> support,
>> whatever else...
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Eliot
> =======
>
> PATS is a European software maker. The interface is independant, and can be
> used with several brokerage firms that support it. By mid 2001 it should
> also be available integrated as an option into the CQG quote system.
>
> The quote feed to PATS comes right from the exchanges and is ahead of any
> feed I have seen yet. To hit a bid or pay an offer you simply move your
> cursor over the bid size or ask size and click it. A confirm window comes
> up, you click ok. A fill is there within nano seconds.
>
> To use a limit order you move your cursor over the bid price or ask price. A
> drop down menu of prices then pops up, you choose your price. Click to
> confirm, and your done. It is entirely point and click and very fast to get
> around.
>
> Its not real slick in terms of presentation, like say PFG BestDirect is, but
> you get over that in a couple days. Its fast and simple.
>
> The downside is it leases for $350 to $400 a month depending on which
> brokerage firm you trade through. Initially I balked at paying for a simple
> trading interface I had been getting for free, but after using it for a a
> couple weeks I could see it was really a bargain. You pay bro on top of
> that, again dependant on where you trade.  I don't know if the brokerage
> firms takes a slice of the $350, but my bro is relatively cheap.... under $6
> r/t. Thats a couple dollars less then I paid at PFG.
>
> Support from GNI has thus far been responsive on my one occasion to contct
> them. I sent an e-mail to the sales manager in London England with a couple
> suggestions.Within a hours I had a more then adequately detailed reply back.
> Support in terms of non software related issues, is dependant on the broker
> you use.
>
> Overall I like it, and think it worth the money. On the other hand I see
> that eventually someone like PFG has got to get the bugs out, and then PATS
> could look like an expensive white elephant.

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/152424/_/977077175/