RE: [RT] Re: Time to buy????????????

Good post.  Are there any newbies
left?  I would think most of them have been damaged beyond repair as a tyro
will never short.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT
color=#000000 size=3>I'm flat, but as a chicken, I wait until any sign of an up
market happens.  I like to short much better than going long but I'm
satisfied we have done enough on the downside.   Time for
patience.
<FONT color=#0000ff
size=4>
<FONT color=#0000ff
size=4>
Jimmy not the
Greek

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Bob
  [mailto:bobskc@xxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2000 9:25
  PMTo: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [RT] Re: Time
  to buy????????????Excellent post.  Success
  doesn't come from technical issues alone and it doesn't come from
  fundamentals alone.  A case in point is that often the technical
  aspects of investing point down because it's been going down and points of
  support are violated but if this method is true, what happens when we hit
  zero?  I mean, God.. we should really go down from there!
  :))  I have said on this list before that most technical forecasting
  has things doing what they have been doing.  Jimmy the Greek said in
  1972 I believe, that "what is due to happen is what has been happening
  until it doesn't happen any more".  He was talking about betting on
  sporting events rather than the markets but still ........I believe
  that investors are wrestling with a problem of value right now.  Are
  they still willing to pay for PE's of 100?  200?  400?  If not,
  what?  Historical values of 12-16 or have we decided that next year's
  projected earnings are ok to use and in multiples of 30-50?Anyway,
  for now, I would take note that the safe haven stocks fell late in the day
  and fell hard.  (MRK went from 96 to 91 as I recall).   Buy on
  close orders were strong for beaten down issues and continued into the
  after market.  I bought into the worst of it today. For anyone who
  cares, I bought T this morning and the rest around 3PM. ..  WCOM,
  LRCX, IOM and RRC  ..  already held C and TXU.   I may
  sell C soon ... I see way too many  portfolio managers who say they
  love it.   :))Just as the bears tell everyone that you can't
  just buy anything and make money for long, you can't short just anything
  and make money forever either.  I hope we enter into at least a
  tradable box now and this hard fall in the nas is over because if it keeps
  up,  we're going to drive out the newbies and have to pick on each
  other.  heh..Hope you all have a great day tomorrow in the
  markets and a wonderful weekend,BobAt 02:48 PM 11/30/2000 -0500,
  you wrote:>>>>Aside technical
  indicators,fundamental indicators,ew,astrology ,gann, >fibo.etc., and
  putting personal  experience in the forefront.Let's get >some
  input based soley on experience since I think that this election
  >fiasco is throwing a monkey wrench in most indicators.>Is this
  a buying opportunity that some time from now we will look upon as >a
  coulda, woulda,shouda ??? In my own past experience almost every time
  >things looked as dismal as they do now it turned out to be a buying
  >opportunity.>Let's hear from some heavyweights (and others).As
  a technician, I know it >is hard to put technicals aside. Let's try ,we
  will be able to hear >opinions without having to justify it with an
  indicator.>Dom>>>>eGroups
  href="http://rd.yahoo.com/M=150967.1016644.2717500.908943/D=egroupmail/S=1700000001:N/A=468535/*http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/N1198.egroups.com/B26105;sz=468x60;ord=975613698?";>http://rd.yahoo.com/M=150967.1016644.2717500.908943/D=egroupmail/S=1700000001:N/A=468535/*http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/N1198.egroups.com/B26105;sz=468x60;ord=975613698?>
  >>>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
  to:>realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx>To
  to:realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx

eGroups Sponsor