[RT] Futures Mag "Going Electronic"

The November issue of Futures Magazine includes the article "Going
Electronic" on page 86. It appears that there are a large number of
order entry/management system vendors which are building and targeting
systems toward the retail future trader. Some of the features included
in these systems, including order entry based on real-time prices
(especially from electronic exchanges ala screen shot of Easy Screen)
and advanced error checking appear destined to speed the process of
order entry while reducing errors. Other features, including real-time
account management and updating should make it easier to manage open
positions. Most of these systems provide 24 hour direct access to a
large number of electronic exchanges: Globex, A/C/E, etc.

A couple of years ago, I used the TimberHill Traders WorkStation for
trading the emini and was extremely pleased with the speed and accuracy
of order entry using the real-time CME feed included with the software
so I have some appreciation for how trading can be improved. The TH TWS
has gotten a bit long in the tooth, as has other popular software
including LeoWeb which I use. The only announced rollout of one of these
new generation trading platforms has been the 01Dec rollout of the new
TH TWS (www.interactivebrokers.com) and I am looking forward to
examining it in detail. I did a fair bit of research using some of the
web links listed in the magazine article but did not turn up any brokers
who are rolling out these platforms.

Anyone here have additional information on availability of these
platforms?

Earl

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/152424/_/975172955/