[RT] On the 9:1 rule

Folks, I am no expert on this, but Paul Desmond who publishes Lowry's
Reports has written on the 9:1 down days many times in the past. Last time I
saw him mention it, 9:1 down days are not uncommon in a bear market, so
there is no reason to expect a reversal off a 9:1 down day if you believe
that this is a bear market.

An additional thought that I have considered also and he has recently
mentioned as well:

(1) All the past research on 9:1 days has been on the NYSE.
(2) There is no research on the NASDAQ.

My contention would be that there are lots of 9:1 down days in specific
sectors. The NASDAQ is very heavily overweight in one sector: Technology.
The criteria then might need to be somewhat greater than 9:1 for the NASDAQ.

Steve

---
Steven W. Poser, President
Poser Global Market Strategies Inc.