Re: [RT] Time and Sales...

Howard,

Agreed.   I'm familar with the 'organized chaos' on
the floor...lol

I DO rely on official posted prices...my only minor concern
was that...believe it or not...1-3 tick margin of error for my methodology on
spoos (which trades approximately 9-14 times per month)--that margin of error
ocassionally messes with my entry stop/limit order by up to 2 ticks if the
T&S that I use to calculate numbers if off for the particular time periods I
mentioned--per my contingency orders at 9:41am EST.

Not a HUGE deal...but I'm a 'math' head...and it just irks me
a bit from time to time.

Again...thanks for the information...I have to 'live' with the
errant tick entry via T&S...but I don't have to like it!

steven
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid">
  -----Original Message-----From:
  "Howard Hopkins" <<A
  href="mailto:hehohop@xxxxxxxxxxx";>hehohop@xxxxxxxxxxx>To:
  <<A
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx>Date:
  Thursday, November 23, 2000 12:24 PMSubject: Re: [RT] Time and
  Sales...Steven,Someone on the forum may have
  better info than myself but when I was at the CME in July my broker showed
  the me inner workings of the pit.As far as time and sales goes there
  is a desk next to the pit that looks over the pit.  ONE guy records
  trades and disseminates the time sales data.  So what I'm saying is
  that the CME data would be the first distributed and the official prices
  posted.  In regards to accuracy, one guy cannot possibly see the
  actual sequence of all trades occurring between several hundred
  participants.Hope this helps,Howard>From:
  "Steven Schroeder" <<A
  href="mailto:sgs33@xxxxxxxx";>sgs33@xxxxxxxx>>Reply-To: <A
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx>To:
  <<A
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx>>Subject:
  Re: [RT] Time and Sales...>Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 11:32:25
  -0500>>Howard,>>Double checking CME's sp00z time
  and sales highest high and lowest low from >15:50-16:15 each day//and
  the official settle price//and CME's sp00z time >and sales highest high
  and lowest low from 9:30-9:40 EST each day//and >official
  open.>>I have time and sales from two data sources as
  well...just wondered if >their was a source as reliable and QUICKER
  than CME as I don't care to >pester my broker when I put in contingency
  orders every day at 9:41am
  To: <<A
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Date: Thursday, November 23, 2000 11:27 AM>   Subject: Re:
  [RT] Time and Sales...>>>
  Steven,>>   What is you're reason for checking?
  A disputed fill price?>>
  Howard>>>   >From: "Steven Schroeder" <<A
  href="mailto:sgs33@xxxxxxxx";>sgs33@xxxxxxxx>>
  >To: <<A
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
  >Subject: [RT] Time and Sales...>   >Date: Mon, 20 Nov
  2000 16:47:20 -0500>   >>
  >Realtrader's...>   >>   >Anyone
  know any other sites rather than CME's T&S site that
  are>   >reliable...for big spoos...doing some double
  checking...or is that>   >redundant?>
  >>   >steven>>
  more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : <A
  href="http://explorer.msn.com";>http://explorer.msn.com--------------------------
  eGroups Sponsor -------------------------~-~>eLertsIt's Easy. It's
  Fun. Best of All, it's Free!<A
  href="http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/152424/_/975000214/";>http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/152424/_/975000214/---------------------------------------------------------------------_->To
  unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
  href="mailto:realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx

eGroups Sponsor