Re: [RT] Re: While the judges decide...on track

There are Dow charts that go back to the beginning.  They have all the
events on them including assassinations, all the wars, the depressions, the
silver and gold standard rejections, and almost all of the other important
events in our history, and all the elections.  If you go over one of these
charts you will see that my statement is correct.  I was surprised when it
was first brought to my attention many years ago.  Ira

Prosper wrote:

> I'm not qualified to comment on why bonds would respond to Bush and
> stocks to Gore it is just something that I read at the quote.com home
> page. Maybe Mr. Poser knows more about that I think he is our most
> experienced bonds man. I agree with Ira that mostly the election news
> will be temporary. Although I rarely disagree with Ira I am fairly
> certain that markets can be effected by politics and news on a large
> scale. For example during wars prices have been frozen and trading
> has been halted. Some countrys have had their markets closed all
> together. So some events can impact the markets long term.
>
> Prosper
>
> --- In realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Ashok Garg" <agarg@xxxx> wrote:
> > Prosper,
> >
> > Thanks for your interesting correlation with the Gore ve Stocks and
> Bonds vs
> > Bush.
> >
> > I am new to the post and new to the markets as well. From your post
> Do I
> > infer that Gore victory would push Stocks up and Bonds down, and
> Gore
> > victory would push Bonds up and Stocks down. That would be a
> short / medium
> > term out look. Long term they sort of go together?
> >
> > Can you please elaborate please
> >
> > Cheers
> > Ashok

eGroups eLerts