Re: AW: [RT] Market ESZ0

An option, a spread or a sophisticated position each have a theoretical
value based upon the information that is put into the formula for the variables.
My theoretical value for an option may be different then  another
traders.  I may use an interest rate of 6.5% and he could be using
5% or 7%.  I could be using the volatility of the underlying on a
15 day basis and he could be inputting the volatility at the time of expiration
or he could be using the annual volatility. So, many people trading can
all be trading at what they believe is the theoretical value of an option
and each one would have a different price.  That theoretical value
is the price you should purchase or sell an option for.  In options
if the price of the option is overvalued, usually the bull or bear spread
will be close enough to theoretical value to reduce the risk of a volatility
loss.  The brokers always tell you that if you buy you pay the ask
and if you sell you get the bid.  That is not always true.  Look
at spreads as bid/bid or offer/offer.  Then put in your bid at the
lessor of those prices.   I have traded options as a market maker
for my own account and as an upstairs trader for my own account.
I have always determined what I would buy or sell an option or spread for.
If I couldn't do it at my price I would go elsewhere.  It is your
money, your market and your risk and you should control your own destiny,
not some broker on the phone.  I hope that this answers some of your
questions.   Ira
John Manasco wrote:
 One last question
Ira, and I do thank you for your time. You compared the theoretical value
to the actual value. When I buy the straddle I usually pay the ask price
so why don't you compare the theoretical value to the ask price? Do you
hope to get filled at the "price" in the price column? Regards John
Manasco

Ira Tunik