Re: [RT] How would you trade this?

In a message dated 11/4/00 10:56:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
harelsdb@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I have gotten pretty good at trading short term swings in big stocks for
two
 or three points but, I would like to get better at trading bigger picture
 patterns.  A couple of patterns that seem to be developing are a desending
 triangle with JNJ and a double top with NTAP.  Both have broken their trend
 line.  Do these look as promising as I think or am I missing something?  How
 would anybody trade these on the short side?

 Thanks, >>

Lessee...

Looking a daily charts...

NTAP did break the channel, stochastics look oversold though, so I'm looking
for a fib retracement to 121.40  (or in the vicinity) for a selling
opportunity, maybe next week sometime.

JNJ hasn't really broken out yet (morning star candle pattern even, so I'm
expect at least a short term up move), so I just might buy on Monday for a
few ticks intraday (I'd want to look at an hourly chart to find an entry if I
was trading it for real), but by and large my inclination here is to just
wait for the daily chart break, if I'm end-of-day trading.  Certainly not a
clear breakout yet.

Just my $.02.

Rgrds.

Jonathan