Re: [RT] Current Market Sentiment/buy/sell programs

In a message dated 11/2/00 12:00:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Hello, Ben!

 HOW did you GET the COT data 2 weeks early???!!!

 During the past 18 months on RT, I have your read posts with great interest.
 I have been learning from you.  After testing, I have incorporated some of
 your breadth and vol work into my long-term timing models.  Thank you very
 much!!!

 I feel the COT reports would add value to my models as well, and plan to
 study the history.  It would help, of course, to know the best sources of
 data.

 Robert >>
hello

the results are  an apxoximation,,
if you look at the morning after a  big up move  or a big down move (25 SP
points or better)
the open interest has changed,,
the amount of the net change is not all   a  liquidation
some are additional long and some additional shorts,
it is a complex formula  that  relates to the  % change  from the  last
lowest  month low or highest month hi

when i did  buy or sell program (in the  1990-1993)  we get  Merrill  citi
goldman
met life  JP Morgan and others to the table
we chose what calls to buy what puts to sell  short,,  what stocks to buy and
how many futures contracts to buy
(each program  was  OVER  1 billion dollars)
the net  profit  for  a  push of a bottom  averaged  5%   for  a 10 minutes
job
the computer does all
it  Buys the options first then it sells the puts then it buys the futures
and last
it buys the stocks (highest weighted sp500 in the index)
when the futures peak, it sells twice the futures it bought. Then sells the
calls then buys back the puts and last sells DOUBLE the amount of stocks etc.

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/152424/_/973188682/