Re: [RT] Straddle SPX DE?

Thanks Ira, I have traded straight options before but clearly am a long way from considering myself knowledgeable.  I learn best by trying myself.  I have downloaded the software, am technically and math oriented (I am an engineer) but it is still a lot of mystery to me to understand the details. John Ira Tunik wrote: Before you start trading options you had better get an education or you could have a very costly experience.  Especially if you are a seller of volatility.  First step, call 1-800-options and get all the material they have on options.  The majority of it is free.  That is the best place to start.  The futures exchanges also have some very good material on options.  It is not a venue you want to enter without understanding what you are doing or listening to a supposed expert.  Ira. John Corrion wrote: Hi Guys, Are any of you out there experienced with straddles and can possibly educate me? I was looking to do a straddle for the DE SPX and have been told that I should be buying volatility but really don't know and don't fully understand the option software.  Any guidance? Thanks, John To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx     eGroups Sponsor To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx