[RT] Book - short review "The Ultimate Trading Guide"

System traders might want to take a look at John Hill's new book "The
Ultimate Trading Guide" co-authored with George Pruitt and Lundy Hill.  The
title initially begs skepticism as we all know there is no ultimate and we
have been taken before with books of such self proclamation.  Blame it on
the publisher for marketing hyperboli.  A better title is "Damn Good Trading
Guide".  Or, if you ever owned a VW beetle back in the 60's and owned one of
those repair manuals from the hippy in New Mexico then....well, OK OK that
isn't a good compairson, but what I am getting at is this book is written by
a man and some associates that have looked at lots and lots of systems and
it gets right down to the mechanics of trading.  This book really does have
a lot to offer for a trader looking for coding suggestions for bar by bar
show me's or paint bars and perhaps pattern recognition.  It even includes
.ela system code for the following systems coded by George Pruitt(co-author)
in the appendix:
1. Donchian Break Out with protective and trailing stops
2. Moving Average Cross Over with protective and trailing stops
3. Short Term Volatility Based Open Range Break Out
4. S&P Day Trade System (uses 5 minute bar in data1 and daily bar in data2
5. Short Term Volatility Based Open Range Break Out with Pattern Recognition

Chapter 13 has a brief description of the top ten systems of all times
accompanied with test results.  Listed in order of their general methodology
they are:
BREAKOUT SYSTEMS
Aberration by Keith Fitschen
Dynamic Breakout by George Pruitt
Mystery System by Peter Aan
STC Vbased S&P Day Trade by Stafford Trading Company
R-Breaker S&P Day Trade by Richard Saidenberg

TREND FOLLOWING SYSTEMS
Benchmark by Curtis Arnold
DCS II by Peter Aan
Dollar Trader by Dave Fox