[RT] e-group problems

I've been trying to use egroups from the web page to take advantage
of the threading vs. the singular email model.

1. So how come threading doesn't seem to be working?  For example,
the posts on Donchian Channels are interspersed as message #'s (34,
35, 41, 48 & 52).  I have view by thread set on.  Are people supposed
to reply in some special way to enable subsequent messages to be
threaded to a prior one?

2. Is there a spell checking feature somewhere?

3. If you post directly form the web site, there doesn't seem to be
any way to get a copy what you post unless you have chosen to receive
email.

4. Is there some way to sort the list so latest messages appear
first?  Or do you have to click the double arrow to get to the last
page after you login and then work backwards?  Viewing by date isn't
the solution and you lose threading also.

I'm not going to jump to any final conclusions yet, but so far I'm
not at all impressed with the e-group "solution" which looks pretty
basic with a lot of holes.  I'd rather that we had gone to stand-
alone web forum software which would be a lot more robust.  There are
many examples.  For instance got to http://www.lef.org and click on
the forum button for a reasonable example.

And I'm still waiting for a response from e-group support on an email
contact I sent 3 days ago (even though that problem has since been
resolved)...

JW

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/152424/_/971161794/