[RT] Re: Richard Dennis and Aberration

 Jeff,
       i didnt see anywhere where Bill mentioned his book, and "as a fact"
the new traders "usally " start off with small accounts, having read all the
"glossy ads",
 or that little "mailer" , they got in their mail box..

  in my opinion and experience, if one is starting with a small account,
less than 10k,
  daytrading , if one "takes the time to learn," is a lot more viable than
to position trade,
  as the latter, with a 10k account, doesnt let one diversify enough , and
how about
 those that are on the wrong side of a "lock-limit " move,( for days on
end, )or a serious
"gap-open" , having to answer a margin-call, do you think they will learn to
trade,
 or it is a slower death, i think not.

  if everyone here keeps on "harressing " the traders who happen to have a
methology/system  that they sell  "on the side", these people will go else
where,
and not post anything anymore, and i wouldnt blame them, just in the past 2
yrs, there has been a noticable "decline" in posts, and though they dont
give away thier trade secrects,
 they do post some "tid bits" , and if we query" in the right way," they
will offer more,
 and we can learn a little more.

  naturally, just my opinion on this matter,

   all the best and goodtrading / Ted

> Bill E. wrote:
>
> >...and if you take that very sensible logic
> >and advice to its ultimate conclusion
> >you end up day trading a single market!
>
> Well done, Bill!  I loved the way you took the wisdom of Mike's excellent
> post and twisted it into yet another sales pitch for your book!  However,
> although you refer to "logic," your statement is a "DNF," i.e. Does Not
> Follow (unless you've got books to sell!).
>
> The issues to which Mike referred will arise whether one trades a dozen
> markets from daily charts or a single market from tick charts.  One big
> difference is that in the latter case it happens much more rapidly.
Faster