[RT] Re: Fidelity Brokerage - Warning

Earl,
As you probably know, you are a highly respected, and followed, member of
this forum.  Many people greatly respect your opinions.  So, with that in
mind, I think you forgot the disclaimer: "Mention of BGP in no way
represents a recommendation to buy or sell the security.  It is used for
illustration purposes only. Any persons trading in said security do so
purely at their own risk.  Both Earl Adamy and Zianet shall be held
blameless!"  :-)
By the way, I bought 10,000 shares this morning as a result of your
post....Just kidding.

Seriously though.  I have 3 equity accounts with different online brokers.
While my accounts are probably not nearly as large as yours, I have been
very happy with Ameritrade.  I have read things both for and against them,
as well as read the reviews on Gomez.  But my experience with them has been
very good.  I have never found their system to be down, and on several
occasions my resting buy limits have been filled at the low price of the
day.  The commissions certainly are competitive and the uninvested balances
are swept daily into any one of several different money market funds.  I am
presently using one of the Alliance funds.  The only thing that I feel that
does not fit your "wish list" is for fast phone suppor,  but I have only
called them for general questions, and the hold time was not that bad.  If I
had a trade on that I wanted to get out of, but couldn't because the
Internet system was down, I might have felt another way, but again, that has
never been the case.
I guess I should give a disclaimer as well: "I, nor my family, have any
relationship with Ameritrade, except for being a satisfied retail customer."
Chris