[RT] Re: R: Re: R: R: Re: Stocks and futures

Daniel Goncharoff wrote:

> Actually, I think you have it backwards.
>
> If you choose to live in a location that has cultural facilities like
> theaters and concert halls and the kind of traffic that makes them
> viable, you also choose to pay the taxes there. Otherwise
> move...preferably to a community that charged you every time they filled
> a pot hole on your street, or replaced a bulb in a street lamp. Then you
> could ask why administration costs twice as much as in a normal city,
> and find out it's because of the individualised billing...]8}
>
> Regards
> DanG
>
> Regards
> DanG

   Better yet, live in a very afluent city, such as my little town where the
$20 million dollar Symphony hall gets paid for via 90% private funds. Back in
1995, some folks decided that our town should be on the internet. A few folks
reached into their pocket with $500k and voila, we have freenet (free ISP).
This sort of thing happens all the time here. As a result of the affluence,
our county has the lowest property tax rate in Florida. We also have some of
the best public schools in Florida.

Cheers,

Norman