[RT] Re: NDX: More soap, less bubble

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2>After looking at this ndx%correction chart in closer detail it
became apparant that the ndx makes new highs for about two and a half weeks
before a correction greater than 3% occurs.&nbsp; These times and percentages
are a rough eyeball view this morning.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>BR</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><FONT size=3>Gitanshu,<BR><BR>&nbsp; Great post.&nbsp;
  Welcome back.<BR><BR>&nbsp; Just one comment with respect to the NDX
  percentage declines that you attached to your post:&nbsp; Notice the symmetry
  of magnitude of each of the last 5 declines....all nearly 12%.&nbsp; A classic
  case of&nbsp; Symmetry Wave, a favorite of mine.&nbsp; Based on this method,
  as a market declines, it has the propensity to find support at previous
  magnitude declines (in this case the 12%).&nbsp; Unfortunately, as this
  'structure' continues to mature and repeat/extend itself, it (the structure)
  becomes less capable/reliable of holding those symmetrical
  relationships.&nbsp; And as such, leads to failure.&nbsp; Note, this structure
  is very mature with a 10 waves count.<BR><BR>&nbsp; Once the structure fails,
  one would look to the next larger symmetrical wave structure to find
  support.&nbsp; In this case, it would be the decline ending 10/8/98 which
  measured 22.99%.&nbsp; When you calculate the leeway of +/-20%&nbsp; (22.99 x
  20% = 4.6%), you get target decline of 18.39 - 27.59% in which you would find
  additional symmetrical support.<BR><BR>&nbsp; Please note, I am <B>not </B>now
  forecasting a top in the NDX but rather just identifying support zones in the
  event a substantial decline should begin.&nbsp; Thus, allowing for preparation
  of my portfolio using an early entry method to go long the NDX and
  corresponding stocks when, and if, the market enters into a decline measuring
  18.39% (22.99 - 4.6 = 18.39).&nbsp; Personally, I am still long many of the
  techs that have been advancing at an astounding rate, but have been cutting my
  positions in half to thirds because of this exponential growth that we are
  seeing in stock prices.&nbsp; Sure, I could make more money, but for the last
  2 years, I have been riding this technology wave and now I am starting to get
  some nose bleeds.&nbsp; As a matter of fact, just the other day I was in the
  shower washing my hair and to my surprise, my nose just started to bleed...it
  was a mess. <BR><BR>&nbsp; Anyhow, you had a great post.&nbsp; Just thought I
  would add my 2 cents.<BR><BR>John
Boggio<BR><BR></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>
Attachment Converted: "f:\eudora\attach\NDX%CORR1.gif"