[RT] Mkt: Market crash - Apologies

From: Michael Mangiafico <Mmangiafico@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
	realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RT] RE: Re: Gann the method
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 15:58:48 -0500
Sender: listmanager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At the risk of getting attacked for this statement, I will do it anyway.

Norman,

the main reason people are not interested in putting in hard work is becuase
they don't have to.
I put in a great deal of hours in my work, and I had a respectable return
last year.  My father-in-law put in no work, he just loaded up on technology
stocks that he read on the front page of the WSJ.  Every dip, buy more,
simple and exceptionally profitable.  He was up over 100% last year, which
bested me by a good amount.  Some day this won't work, and at that point
people will understand this really is a complicated business.  Right now,
people want 10% returns in 3 days, and they are getting just that, with no
research, just go long on the dip.  I don't believe in this, and I try to
explain the risk involved, but then again, the CAPM is old and new rules
apply.