[RT] Helping the good Doc...

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Gary Kramer wrote:

> the Dr. has done nothing wrong.

Well... yes and no. It does appear that his posts are not in keeping with
the ground rules for the list. I would have to agree with Mark on this.

I would also have to observe that the good Doc's posts have caused the
largest disruption in quite a while.

I run a few trading lists, and I believe there are *good* reasons for the
rules that have been adopted. When people go by these rules, the lists
work smoothly. The RT list problems seem to get worse the longer the good
Doc persists in flaunting the rules.

> he is posting what he feels are accurate
> S/R levels.

I don't believe I've ever seen any documentation for the accuracy or
performance of these levels - please correct me if that is not true.

This business is saturated with "I've-got-the-best-system" folks, and one
tends to tune out people without hard proof.

> His work is not spam!  If people dont agree with it, so what!

There are many people on this list, and if all of us of posted simple
numbers each day, we'd be inundated with data, with most of it sending
conflicting signals :-). Mark's sheep would have even more problems <g>.

Do we really want this list to become inundated with non-documented and
non-proven predictions? (Hey - I'll even throw in some too :-).

Fortunately, there is a good, easy solution - he should post his numbers
to a web site for interested viewers, and let the list know the site
address.  Anyone interested in his numbers could check the site to get his
data, and there would be no practical difference for his fans. (If he has
many fans, he might even set up his own discussion list.)

This would not clutter the list, would remove a serious bone of
contention, and the list could get back to its former smooth state. I
believe this is the best solution for all of us.

Does anyone else think this is the best solution?

> But what
> about Mark Browns ranting and raving.  No value whatsoever!  This idiot
> should be banned!

This might be a matter of style. Mark is not known for his diplomacy, but
I do believe he has made quite substantial contributions of useful
*content*. If I was forced to compare contributions of content, as opposed
to style, Mark would win hands down over the good Doc,I'm afraid. I, for
one, would not like to see him banned from the list.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge than I about free web sites could
coach the good Doc on how to put his info there. I've heard it is quite
simple, but I never took the time to do it.

Might this be a good way to repair the damage to the list and return to
the list objectives? What do you think?

Larry