[RT] Re: [realtraders] S&P and Nasdaq S/R for 12/28/99

I repeat, RT's purpose for the years I have been on it from its inception
and prior to that on the Kasanjian message board has always been to share
insights, techniques, methodologies, promote discussions.  As a senior
member and one of the original half dozen members of Kasanjian message board
I believe i have some perspective on what content has been accepted by the
moderators over the years.  Repeated posting of the same content without
explanation has not been acceptable in the past.  The emphasis has been on
learning, not herding sheep.  I for one was asked to stop posting of pivots
by John and Eddie a few years back.   The tcc calculator guy was run off RT
since he was abusing the forum to market his wares and service.  The Wolf
guy was asked to stop posting option trades because the posting of trades
revealed nothing except how good he was and he also was marketing a service.
John Boggio has made it clear in the past that a poster need not reveal
"proprietary" information, however he has also let it be known that the
posting should be educational in nature with some explanation of the
technique.  A repeated posting of pivots does not in my mind fall into the
guidelines set down by the moderators over the years.  The solution in the
past has been for the individual to set up his own website so the curious
can check it out rather than pollute the forum with carbon copies day after
day.

Respectfully,
Bob Roeske