[RT] Tiny Bubbles

I think a guy named Peter Drucker, wrote a piece comparing this time to
the start of the Industrial Revolution.  Making an analogy to the
invention of the steam engine to the developement of computerized
internet communication.  The key idea after the invention of the engine
is completely separate technologies evolved after its invention.  What
also occured of course, was the complete upheaval of an agrarian society
to an industrialized one.  Drucker is argueing that the internet and
associated technologies are a similiar cultural event.

>From looking at the long term chart that Wells Wilder published in his
"The Delta Phenomenon", starting in 1800 there are "crashes" but it sure
appears like the trend is up.

Anyone out there with a gif of "stock" prices from 1730 to 1800?  To
refute this guys thesis?

In my opinion, what would really cause a crash is a physical destruction
of the
infrastucture, something akin to the whole of California falling into
the ocean with the destruction of the human critical mass of technical
invention and entrepreurship  in that state.
Or the introduction by Luddite terrorists of a new bacteria that
sustains and grows by eating copper and glass.

;

Don