[RT] The Bon "FUTURE" 1

Fra: Steven Poser <poserglobal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Til: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Dato: 22. december 1999 15:09
Emne: [RT] Re: [Treasury Bonds]

>A drop below 90-22 on the March futures opens us to the 90-00 area. If we do
>not see a large and fast rally from there (which I slightly prefer to take
>yields back to near 6% again), we are in VERY VERY BIG TROUBLE. That is bonds
>could go straight to 6.75-7.00%.

For the sake of discussion I would like to define some situations as I see them:

A break out (B/O) through a trendline in a chartpattern  without follow through, is either 1) a false B/O or 2) a signal on things to come.

False B/Os are usualy followed by vilolent moves in the oposite direction of the B/O

A rising wedge is regarded as a bearish chartpattern and a break downside is USUALLY to be expected
A falling wedge is regarded as bullish and a break on the upside is USUALLY to be expected.

Some times breakouts occur on the "wrong" side and violent moves usually follows.

Please look at the 2 enclosed gifs of the DAX index in 2 perspectives to see what I mean.

Then I would like to use these observations in a BOND study