[RT] Re: get the feel of mkt

  • Subject: [RT] Re: get the feel of mkt
  • From: gtm@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 19:28:38 -0800

You can obtain all of Wyckoff's materials from Wyckoff Stock Market
Institute here in Phoenix, AZ.
They have the original Wyckoff course materials and have two web sites
(must be transitioning from an old to a new one).
www.stockmarket.qpg.com   and   www.wsdinc.com

The "Wyckoff Method Course" this is about $850 but can be purchased in
five separate units as I recall.  I paid $460 for the first two units
I'm studying now.  Very worthwhile with lots of detail along with exams
to send in for comments.

Other Wyckoff books I am working on are:
"Stock Market Technique #1"
"Stock Market Technique #2"
"How I Trade & Invest in Stocks & Bonds"
"Wall Street Ventures & Adventures Through 40 Years"
"Studies in Tape Reading" by Rollo Tape, Wyckoff's pen name)

Neill also wrote "The Art of Contrary Thinking" and "The Ruminator"
which I read many years ago.  As I remember, they were both very good so
I have just ordered new copies to read again.
If I get just one good idea out of a book its worth it to me.

Proffittak@xxxxxxx made a very good point about getting the feel of the
market by using the
"Many indicators available intra day for CLEAR clues"
a: tick
b: trin
c: price
d: tiki
e: premium
f: adv/dec issues
g: up vol/down vol

Its doubtful the old tape readers had ready access to such market
detail.  With all this additional instant information, we can probably
gain a much better understanding of price action then they could.

Usual disclaimer: I have no affiliation with any of the above. I'm just
a satisfied customer of Wyckoff SMI.

Ken

snip