[RT] Re: Crash Index at minus 10 Reading

Thanks Dennis for this posting.

Do you follow keep track of signals based on either
the Titanic rules or the Meyer rules?  I know this is
a pain in the ass question,...say for over the past
year,..I was wondering what if any signals have been
generated.  Thanks.

I do monitor the Crash Index,...(developed by Henry
Ford,...prior to the crash of 1987),...and believe that
since 1980,..the Crash Index has signaled the -10
reading on 12 occasions,...and has been wrong 6 of
those times.  More recent signals include:

12-10-99  (as yet unknown)
08-03-99  (right)
03-01-99  (wrong)
07-24-98   (right)

Have had 2 false signals in the past 5 years (1994 and 1999), ...BUT,...
HAVE NEVER FAILED TO SIGNAL A MAJOR US MARKET CRASH.
And the -10 reading now indicates conditions are again in place for a crash.

Jim Pilliod   jpilleafe@xxxxxxx