[RT] Larry Williams & Co

ramon wrote:

> Hi
>
> Don't we need to draw a distinction between
> Larry Williams, the man and "trader" and the
> methods he teaches?
>
> We may not like his business practices and he may
> or not may not be able to make money consistently
> over time. But does this mean his ideas can't
> make money for those traders with personalities
> in tune with the ideas?
>
> I know I sound vague - mainly because Williams'
> ideas don't suit me. Yet two traders I know
> well tell me that a part of their strategy is
> based on a couple of Williams' ideas. And yes,
> I do consider them successful.
>
> regards
>
> ray
>
> R Barros
> 101/25 Market Street
> Sydney NSW 2000
> Australia
>
> Voice:   61 2 92673470
> Fax:       61 2 92673478
> E-Mail:  rbarros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

May I add also that whatever Larry says or do, he has the merit of prompting you
to look at yet other ways of doing things, which you can accept, accept
partially or reject, but through this process will help you move one step closer
to your own Graal. I personally don't really use any of his tools, but in a way
I probably took over some aspects of his thinking.

Many also have asked which books I have read or recommand etc. My response to
this is that it doesn't really matter. Of course, there were some I liked much
more than others, but that doesn't mean there won't be a bit in a book I didn't
like that won't be the key to your future success... So in practice, just go and
study those books, softs, courses you feel strongly attracted to. Indeed, as
long as you haven't looked at them, you will have a part of you that will not be
ready to give its final opinion on what or how you should do things, because it
is still lacking some key elements for reference.

Of course, in the process you will be disappointed by many an item you spent
lots of money on. But in doing so, you will also be in a much better position to
really appreciate the real gems you will nevertheless find. Just like in
trading, some trades are just losers, and others winners, and you never really
know before. But that's the process, and what counts is to keep searching,
looking, refining, thinking...

Best to all,

Gwenn