[RT] Bill Williams and congestion and Ema

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2>RT:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3>&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Because of the great response and the questions keep coming
in, therefore I am going to start posting all answers for everyone to see.&nbsp;
Many questions have been answered, and will not repeat those at this
time.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>First question---The 5-8-13 expontential moving average is
three separate moving averages</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Now lots of people both on this forum and off mentioned the
congestion, and I could not see what your talking about at first.&nbsp; The
problem of congestion that everyone mentions and the only one I can find at all
is at turning points.&nbsp;&nbsp; Now BW did elaborate on exit and entry,
but&nbsp;he did not put emphasis on it&nbsp; in my opinion, but it was
there.&nbsp; I am not going to discuss how he tells you to enter, but he stated
that upon entry you protect back to the bottom or top factal and that fractal
and stop stand till the market starts trending the other way.&nbsp; Therefore,
you would miss the signals that are in that congestion area. He also, states how
to correct yourself if you mess up and I have always made what I lost back in
that very move and it is simple. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Now, I would like to mention a method along this
subject.&nbsp; This idea has come to me thru all the inputs I have had over the
years.&nbsp; Instead of using 5-8-13 ema's use 5-13-34 ema's.&nbsp; I never
could figure why BW used the 8 for anyhow(if someone does I would like to
know).&nbsp;&nbsp;The&nbsp;5 ema and the 13 ema&nbsp; give exit&nbsp;signals and
entry.&nbsp; But the 34 ema&nbsp; is half the difference of the 5-8 ema on a
larger chart.&nbsp; As the 34 ema moves&nbsp;past a fractal that now becomes the
point that the market has turned direction, if it should come back to
it.&nbsp;&nbsp;Now if you use the 34 ema as entry, because it is the larger
chart you have to protect back to the top till the 5 and 13 ema catches up or
you take only sell signals from&nbsp;the 5 and 13 ema.&nbsp;&nbsp;Now if the 34
ema says sell, from then on you take all sell signals  and exit signals from
your 5 and 13 ema.&nbsp;&nbsp;Now you could just enter at the 34 ema and
fractal, which is what I do, after all the money is slow making in the
congestion, and since I am&nbsp; using 10 minute charts I&nbsp;use his target
system for exiting.&nbsp; Now I leave money&nbsp;in the congestion area, but I
just take the <FONT size=2>quick</FONT> buck and out.&nbsp; Now if I miss the
target, well the 34 ema and fractal will not only be my exit, but also a
reversal of position.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Many say they want to trade the daily,&nbsp; this is not like
other systems.&nbsp; I trade the 10 minute in hogs and never leave the market
more then a few hours. I get a signal almost everyday and when it is really
trending, 3 to 4 days before the next signal.&nbsp; I am basicly swing trading,
and would say hourly is what most people would trade as the daily would be
trading with a trade every&nbsp; 8 or more months.&nbsp; Most systems when using
larger charts you have to have larger risk, BW discusses this thoroughly on how
to get around it.&nbsp; It requires more work to do and you need a chart one
size lower. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>That is one thing about NTD(New Trading Dimensions) Bw gives
you lots of options off of the basic system to put variables to fit your
style.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>charley</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Fri Dec 17 08:28:46 1999