[RT] Brad Cowen's Books

  • To: <dgl@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [RT] Brad Cowen's Books
  • From: Andre Franklin <andref@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 21:37:44 -0800

Dave,

I appreciate your efforts to contact Brad on my behalf.

I should mention that I have received several comments, some from the
DGL forum...and some from the RealTraders forum. The majority of the
comments were NOT posted publicly. I have yet to receive even one
"glowing" report on Cowan's material...especially from those that wish
to make good on the material within a year, or less, of study.

Most say that it's anywhere from 3-4 years of study to a lifetime.
Certain prerequisite knowledge is assumed for each section...knowledge
that is not commonly acquired. Also, I'm told that his teachings cannot
be easily implemented...at least not consistently...except possibly
after many years of study.

His material seems to be a real gold mine for lifetime students of Gann,
but for those that are looking for something practical to implement
within a reasonable period of time...Cowan does not appear to be the
man...or so I'm told.

What strikes me as odd is that there were so many glowing testimonials
at Cowan's website...I expected as least 10% of the comments I received
from the forums to be similar to those at his website. At best...I'd
rate the most positive comments as "neutral". Unfortunately, this forum
will not allow my description of the most negative comments I received
on the usefulness of Cowan's work. Allow me to add that no one claimed
to be making money, real - or on paper, with Cowan's material. One
suggested that Cowan's strategies are only practical if it can be
computerized...assuming that is possible. Another comment was that only
one or two issues can be closely tracked per day because the strategy is
too intensive to allow additional stocks or commodities to be analyzed.

It may well be that Cowan is the only one that understands Cowan. I've
yet to find someone of slightly above average intelligence...and a
reasonable amount of time to give...that has come forward thanking Cowan
for their success. On the contrary...one Cowan student claims to have
sought help from Cowan...and was simply told to "keep looking".

There were a few direct and indirect comments that Cowan plagiarized Dr.
Baumring's work. I'm not particularly interested in who plagiarized
what...if at all...but Mr. Cowan may want to consider "clearing the air"
on this matter while he has the floor.

I sincerely hope that Cowan will step forward and allow us to hear him
out. It's not fair to post such a message as this without giving the
other party a chance to defend themselves.

Brad....tell us it ain't so...

Andre Franklin
WickedTrader, LLC.
http://www.wickedtrader.com

P.S. I made my initial request regarding Cowen on both the DGL and
RealTraders forums. For this reason, I will be happy to post Mr. Cowen's
response into whichever forum does not receive his response.