[RT] Re: Pinnacle Data Question

> Does anyone who uses Pinnacle Data know if there is a way to have all of my
> data files use the same extension for ascii data (e.g., .asc)?

I don't know anything about Pinnacle or its data formats but couldn't
you write a DOS batch file to rename the files?

ren c:\pinnacle\*.ex1 c:\pinnacle\*.asc
ren c:\pinnacle\*.ex2 c:\pinnacle\*.asc
etc.

If there is nothing but ascii data in the directory, you could make it
simpler.

ren  c:\pinnacle\*.* c:\pinnacle\*.asc

Or, if renaming the files will cause a problem with the Pinnacle
program, you could write a batch file copy all the files to another
directory and rename them.

copy c:\pinnacle\*.ex1 c:\mydata\*.asc
copy c:\pinnacle\*.ex2 c:\mydata\*.asc
etc.

or

copy c:\pinnacle\*.* c:\mydata\*.asc

Make a shortcut icon for the batch file and you're all set to do it with
a double click.

--
  Dennis