[RT] Re: Where are.... {02}

Scot wrote:

>...Gann and Gilmore's enormous fortunes.  Gann, who allegedly made $50
>million in the 20s-30s trading futures, would have a fortune of $1.6
>billion
>if it earned 6% from then until now.  Where is all this money?

     Apparently you think that the purpose of money is to die rich, and that
is the prevailing 'wisdom'. To me, that is idiocy, and the point is to die
broke, having spent it all on something you enjoy. If you believe that the
money earned by someone long dead should still be molding in a vault
somewhere, maybe, just maybe, you should get out and have a little fun. From
what I have seen of Bryce, he would likely agree as well. It is quite
typical of him to close a successful trade, then take the next few days off
to spend it flying around and playing golf. What good does it do you in your
pocket?

     I have done the same to a bigger degree. Saved up two years wages and
taken two years off. People ask 'WHY' because it is foreign to them. My
answer was 'BECAUSE I CAN'. Money can be replaced, time can't.

     Just a different take on life. No one has to agree with me.

                                                    Darrin