[RT] Re: Where are.... {03}

I have no axe to grind. I'm just reading his book and testing his ideas. The
less that read it the better as far a I'm concerned. It's not like it's been
a secret.

I have no examples to offer. I can just make this observation. Gann's
personal students would be either deceased or retired by now. In 1908 Gann
was 30 years old and already receiving some fame in the trading community.
It's been 44 years since his death and I don't know if he was active until
his death. Also, you simply can't compare our time to his, say that there
had been two world wars and a depression in the last 20 years, and millions
had sacrificed and died. What would the world be like? People that live
through such events see things very differently from those that do not.

Even great traders don't often become household names, I had never heard of
Dennis, Jones, or even Buffet until I got interested in trading. Anyone with
a little life experience can usually tell you that there are many ways to
lose, hide, or give away money. For example, the young actor named Gary
Coleman made 50 million dollars in his career, he lost it all and took out
bankruptcy recently.

All of this is of no consequence, Gann wrote down at least some of his
ideas. Either you read them and find them useful or not. The same is true of
Dennis or any other famous traders that pass along their ideas.

Brent