[RT] Tested my PC on y2k {01}

Had some fun yesterday:

I changed my PCs date to March 3rd, 2000. My PC is an early 166Mhz of
taiwanese assembly making.
In 1996, nobody was bothering much about y2k, and I did nothing since,
on the premise, if something breaks (eg, coffee machine or TV set or
else, I'll replace it)

Well initially it started of bad:
- I got a message "today is 07.12.99, enter new date dd.mm.yy":
- So I entered 03.03.00 and boooh, I got kicked."invalid date"
- Next I tried 03.03.2000 and oops it worked.
- I checked the date, and it said "today is 03.03.00, enter new date
dd.mm.yy":

So now that I was four month older, I loaded all my applications, surfed
on the net, sent some e-mails, all with my new date, and ... nothing
happened, business as usual.

I didn't check TradeStation as it's gone from the hard drive, but all
other apps worked. Except my 95 Quicken, which displays weird symbols in
lieu of a date, but stores my expenses all right at the correct weird
symbol date...

So can't way to see what happens for real...

Enjoy,

Gwenn