[RT] Re: Re: Don't be sheep! {03}

Hello  mike,

m> Gang,

m> Just to chime in a moment ... I analyze professional commodity traders
m> (CTAs) for a living and there are a lot of successful mechanical traders
m> and, unfortunately, not as many succesful discretionary traders.

Mike,  this  is  correct as you know mechanical traders profit far out
weigh discretionary profitability.

m>  This  doesn't  mean  that a discretionary method is an "excuse for
m> inadequate  programming"  Few  people  can do it - but that doesn't
m> mean that no one can do it.

Mike,  I  NEVER  SAID that a discretionary trader could not make money
did  I?  NO! I didn't I hope you are more accurate in your research. I
did say that if a discretionary trader has a consistent return then he
can be mechanicalized!

m>  Now  let's look at some mechanical traders -- especially those who
m> to Would you m> say their coding is inadequate?

Mike , oh get real do you try and skew the research you claim to do as
you  have  this  post. You picked two examples of the worst CTA's that
claim  to  use  mechanical  systems  and  many more of the best of the
discretionary  traders  and  try  to  compare.  Who do you work for? I
probably do business with you in one way or another.

m> In my opinion, discounting the possibility of successful discretionary
m> trading is extremely myopic and reveals a lack of knowledge when it comes
m> to the world of professional alternative investments programs.

So how many discretionary traders do you have your money with MIKE?

m> Mike

--
Best regards,
  Mark Brown                        mailto:markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx