[RT] Re: Gen: Keep it quiet. {02}

brente@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have been reading one of Gann's books I'm astounded by just the
> few things that I've read in the first 50 pages. I have been
> writing indicators to test these things and I can't hardly believe
> my eyes.

Good.  You *shouldn't* believe your eyes.  :-)  Your eyes and your
brain are incredibly good at "seeing" what you want to see.

I have to agree with Owen -- every time I've seen Gann fans &etc, it
seems like there's no way it *couldn't* follow one of the lines.
Some people apparently trade successfully with it, but I have to
think they're using a lot more than those lines, whether they realize
it or not.

Brent, more power to ya, and I'd be curious to hear which book you're
reading.  But unless you manage to turn those impressive indicators
into consistent trades -- via a backtested system, by my preference --
 I have to wonder whether you're really seeing what you think you are.

Gary