[RT] Re: Gen: Keep it quiet. {02}

Brent observed:

>I have been reading one of Gann's books I'm astounded by just the few
things
>that I've read in the first 50 pages. I have been writing indicators to
test
>these things and I can't hardly believe my eyes. No one must actually read
>this stuff. I never hear anyone talk about it. I'm seriously thinking of
>throwing all my old analysis away. I didn't think much about Gann until I
>figured out how to put Gann angles on charts. After that I could see that
>there might be something to it. I'm just dumbfounded.

Disclaimer:  I haven't read any of Gann's books, and I certainly have not
tried to capture his ideas as indicators.  This reflects my own suspicion
of complicated trading methods whose premises don't seem to have
any clear relationship to either fundamentals or market psychology.

However, I have seen charts with Gann angles.  Lots of Gann angles.
So many Gann angles that there is no way the price can move at all
without following one of them at least closely enough to help us fool
ourselves into thinking we see a pattern.  Are you sure that isn't what
happened on the charts you saw?

Owen Davies