[RT] The Bright Side {01}

Hello realtraders,

Ok  enough  doom  and gloom ! My personal belief is that if you are of
the  correct  psychological makeup, work hard enough and are honest to
yourself and others you can make it in the trading business "IF".

You  find someone who you can mentor under and some of their pieces of
the puzzle fit with what your trading style ultimately winds up being.
I think of a cabinet maker who works in the successful family business
only  knowing  to  do  things  the way his family taught him. He would
profit  much  more  if he had apprenticed at other cabinet shops which
were equally as successful as his own family's cabinet shop. Gathering
up  knowledge  from  an  outside world and bringing back home some few
tricks  which  help  help  his  own  family's  business in quality and
production.

My  advice  has  always  been to find someone who is honestly making a
living  trading  and  work  for  them,  hang  out or whatever. If that
involves  being  a  broker in the business fine, a researcher fine. Do
whatever it takes to sacrifice on your part to learn the business with
a  long term commitment and not a short term lust for money. Learn the
business and the money will come if you have the passion for it.

Am  I  saying move to Chicago? No, you don't have to. Why? Because I'll
bet  somewhere  close to you there is a trader plugging along making a
living. He will most likely be the guy at some local user group who is
quite  and sets about three quarters towards the back of the room. I'm
not making all this up I have studied it for years. He will be the guy
who  ask questions that other people including maybe the speaker. Also
the  question  will be more risk related and not profit related. Other
signs are that he will not be taking notes "WHY?" because he has heard
it  all  before  and  could  probably  recite the speakers method from
memory.

He  has  seldom  seen  any  new  twist  on the same old ideas. He will
readily  break down the method into several predefined categories such
as  fundamental  or  technical  first. Then he will further narrow the
categorization down to the same old basic kill file of topics which he
has  studied for years but made no money with. He will try and keep an
open  mind  though searching and looking for that one small edge which
may improve his own trading method.

After  the meetings when in a crowd he will most likely be the guy who
will  readily  talk  on  any  subject  but not actually offer and real
example  of  his  own trading unless he really knows you well. It's at
this  stage  when you may gain some hope that you have found the right
person  who  you  may  contribute  to  your  progression at becoming a
trader.

Look long, look hard - question everything! assume nothing!

Mark