[RT] Re: trade tracking and Excel Programming {01}

Per your request, I use Excel to track my trades.  I sometimes use VBA, but
this spreadsheet doesn't utilize it.  I'm a quasi day trader, I set my
trades the night before using EOD prices and SC 4.0 & TS2000.  I close out
trades, if my orders are hit, either on stops or on the opening the
following day.  Since I trade a basket of over 40 different futures markets,
I need access to such things as point values, market times, stop values,
phone quote codes, etc.  When I first started trading this system I had
several screw-ups that this spread sheet helped later prevent.  Since
quality of life is most important to me, I take this printout with me plus
my cell phone and I am not a slave to the computer screen.  Thus I can be in
my car or going for a morning hike and still fully function as a trader.

I have another spreadsheet that tracks the results of my individual trades.
I look at the usual performance statistics, trading equity curve, and
trading correlation (my actual trade results vs. what TS/SC calculated)
scatter chart.  The scatter chart really shows the harm of screwups.
Generally every weekend I scrutinize this trade results sheet and
reluctantly make trading system changes only if very, very necessary.  I
made my first significant system change six weeks ago only after my trade
equity dropped 44%.  Following this change I made back my losses and it is
now back to the races.

I'm not sure if my trade tracking sheet will help you, but send me a private
email and I send it to you.

Marlowe Cassetti
Colorado Springs, CO

Howard Hopkins' message follows:

RT's,

My VBA programming skills are minimal and I want to have better tracking of
my trading stats using Excel from Office 2000 SBA.  I'm trying to find
someone that can set up the spreadsheet and program the necessary macros in
Excel.  I don't think it would take that long or be very difficult for
someone with experience.  If you are capable of doing this, email me  how
much $ you would charge and maybe we can do business.

I currently have a spreadsheet with a macro that allows me to enter trades
and updates my equity.  I can send this to you if you would like.

I daytrade the S&P and often have up to three separate fill prices.  I need
a spreadsheet to do the following:

1)  Allow me to enter trade with multiple fills and update account equity
including commission costs.

2)  Allow me to make miscellaneous adjustments to the account equity.

3)  I want it to calculate the following statistics for several different
time periods and display these statistics graphically.  The time periods are
the last 5, 10, 30, 90, 180 days, and for the entire trade history. The
statistics I am looking for are the following:
a)  Average win   (in terms of S&P points NOT dollars)
b)  Average loss (in terms of S&P points NOT dollars)
c)  % number of winning trades
d)  % number of losing trades
e)  % winning trades that are longs
f)   % winning trades that are shorts.

Please email me in private or call 703-266-6184.

Sincerely,
Howard Hopkins