Re: MKT S&P EYld/TBill Ratio et al

-----Original Message-----
From: Earl Adamy <eadamy@xxxxxxxxxx>

>I think generally the charts and accompanying comments speak for
themselves,
>however a few comments seem to be in order. The purpose of using TBill's is
>that they are virtually risk-free - today's crop of investors appears to be
>convinced that there is virtually no risk in stocks because they will
always
>go up.

Earl, I completely agree with the logic of comparing earnings to a risk-free
investment.  I just think the 30 yr T-bond might give better results than
the T-bill because it is more of a long term investment, as stocks are (for
most people).  From a default-risk standpoint they are essentially equal.

Bruce