MetaStock's "System Tester"

Dear Traders,

This is a simple request for anyone who is adept at coding MetaStock 6.5
using the "System Tester."  I recently developed a neural network that
visually appears to invest more profitably than a simple buy and hold
strategy for the S&P 500 Index.  I plan to post the network's signals
(Buy/Cash) after each friday's close in the near future for Real Traders,
but I would like for MetaStock to do the back-testing for me.
Specifically, I have a new indicator generated by my neural network that
signals when one should be in or out of the S&P 500 market (future modeling
will focus more closely on delineating between cash and short positions).
The indicator resides in an Excel spreadsheet which I have successfully
linked (and charted) back to MetaStock using an OLE Link.  When I enter the
long open and long close criteria using the linked indicator's name from my
spreadsheet, Neural Indicator_1, Metastock returns an error message stating
that the name is not recognized.  Can MetaStock recognize custom indicator
names linked to Excel by OLE, and if so, how do I go about getting
Metastock to recognize the name.
Thanks, Brian