Re: Internet service?

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Internet service?
  • From: Alan Myers <a.myers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 13:08:11 -0500 (EST)

I use a cable modem and am very happy with it.  It is fast - downloads
50x to100x faster than 56k.  I've never had access problems.  This
service has unlimited access - no hourly charges and is much cheaper
than the same service via phone lines.

The only problem is that the growth was much faster than expected and
the result was lots of temporary down time as they installed the
hardware that enabled them to keep up with the demand.  That's settled
down now.  I was really angry that they couldn't send email to alert
customers of planned outages, but, that's the way it goes.

~Alan