Re: FUT:BOOK: N. WEINTRAUB

I bought the book and attended a weekend seminar back in the Spring of
'96 or '97 (in L.A.). The book is a very easy read, written in almost a
conversational style. The book has a lot of opinions (but don't all
floor traders have strong personalities?), and a lot more common sense
things that the Off The Floor Traders should consider - in my opinion.
In the book, and the seminar, Neil was very big on calculating the
pivots. In general it's a good read, but like anything and everything
else, use caution, for example: TIP 30 - '5.3 Percent and Falling' Neal
warns that if the unemployment rate falls below 5.3%, inflation is just
around the corner and to expect higher commodity prices. - I suspect
anyone sticking to that one is long gone.

There is a lot of very general stuff, some elementary, but I found some
good ideas. Neal is a sincere teacher (he invited the class to call him
with follow-up questions and offered to take individuals on the floor
when in Chicago) and his book is a down to earth - if I remember, the
book is only $30 or $40 bucks...check it out.

- Kevin

>Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 17:13:59 EST
>From: POMPATIS@xxxxxxx
>To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: FUT:BOOK: N. WEINTRAUB
>
>Greetings traders:
>
>I am considering purcasing the book:  "Tricks of the Floor Trader", by
Neil