Re: Economics

Traders,

Just because the Congress is spending more than they are taking in gives
absolutely no reason to tax more.  I bet that every bill that goes thru
Congress has Pork Barrel, I'll pass your bill if you pass mine.  Up until
recently, the government was spending 17 million per year to maintain hydrogen
gas for blimps, that they don't even have since the world war 2 days!  Up
until recently, our Congresspersons were sending letters to their voters of
their districts four times per year and the U.S. Postal Service was
subsidizing their efforts, the Postal Service stopped and told Congress that
each letter had to be paid for, guess what, Congress stopped because it would
wipe out the budget of each Congressperson. The U.S. pays for the blunt of the
costs of the
U.N. building-WHY?  In the military, their fiscal year ends in September and
if each department within let's say the Army, an example Veterinary Services
has excess funds to use on September 29, the people in charge will go to
supply and totally spend out their allotment till they have no more left in
their budget (their motto is use it or lose it) because on October 1, they
will start fresh with their new allotment for the new year. Every government
agency is like this. And if that agency shows they have a surplus, they
certainly cannot ask for an increase in funding?

How many other "Blimps" does our government pay for and why should I get
zapped for another 2% for wasteful spending. I believe if we limited our
Congress to two terms, there wouldn't be such wasteful budgets.