Re:Gen:Drummond Geometry,

>Curently,Charles Drummmond offers a "Drummond Geometry"course for
approx.$3000-Is it worhwhile spending $3000 to learn his course?

>I remember reading long back (about 6 months ago)an email posting to this
group wriiten by a person who was dissatified  with Bill Williams
course,and was learning Drummond Geomety in?Chicago-I would love to hear
about your experience with           Drummond geometry.

I am probably the person you are referring to. I first learned Drummond
Geometry in Chicago from Bob Stephens, who teaches his own "take" on this
method - which makes it not really the same thing, but similar enough.
Charles Drummond was also there teaching with Bob, so I have met him and
studied some with him also.

Since studying with Bob I have inclined more toward the pure Drummond
material. I have not taken the course, but I know the basics from my time
with Bob, and have picked up more on my own, and from conversations with
other traders.

In my opinion there is no comparison between Bill Williams and Charles
Drummond. It pains me to even write both of their names in the same
sentence. Williams' teaching is basically simple-minded stuff he lifted
from others and tacked on fancy names, hyped up and sold to naive newbies
(like myself at the time) for a high price. Charles Drummond has done some
very unique and valuable research and has come up with some good viewpoints
for looking at market action, and has even provided a sophisticated
philosophy/psychology in which to frame this. He has a high-level mind -
but not simple or easy to understand. If you study with him you will have
to work hard - no "Investor's Dream" there!! ["Investor's Dream" =
Williams' crap software.]

Whether or not studying his methods would be valuable to you is something
you will have to decide for yourself based on whether they fit with your
style, beliefs and psychology. They are HIGHLY conceptual. You will have to
put more time into understanding a framework of market knowledge than you
would with most other methods. They can be highly complex, in some
instances, if you were to take all the knowledge and try to use it all
together (not recommended - it CAN be simple!) They are highly
discretionary. You are not going to get any mechanical buy/sell signals.
And, you will have to take a high degree of responsibility for your own
trading and self. In this regard, I have found my study of Drummond's
philosophy to be very helpful psychologically and spiritually.

I have not (yet) taken the course that is now being offered. But I know Ted
Hearne, who has authored it along with Charlie, and have seen the first
part of the course as it was in development. It is very clear, to the
point, and systematically presented - unlike much of Drummond's own
previously published works (from what I have heard.) As such, it is a very
good summary of Drummond's whole body of work. This would be the very best
way to study it, if you were so inclined.

Hope this is helpful,
David Cicia