Re: bmi index symbols

David wrote:
> At one time I tried DTN.  I noticed on a couple of occassions
> that some of their "end of day data" (Indexes) did not display
> the same prices as printed in the paper or on Yahoo.  Have you noticed that?

Yes, one of the things I'm not real happy with.

> You mentioned that Signal transmits at 56kb through cable. Do they use the
> same compression technology as BMI?
> If they do, why not switch from BMI to signal?  If they don't, are they
> transmitting faster than BMI?
Signal's compression is not as tight as BMI's... that was another piece
of the technology that DBC bought with the BMI buyout.  With the recent
"alignment of services (elimination of Bridge as BMI's ticker plant),
you will be getting exactly the same quotes with BMI as you would with
signal... probably roughly equal performance between BMI and
Signal/cable.

I'm going to miss the old BMI... lots of nice features that were never
available in Signal.

Dick Crotinger