Re: Best Direct On Line

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Best Direct On Line
  • From: RONkkkkkkkkkk
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 00:15:59 -0500 (EST)

Peter:
I have been a customer for about one month now.  In that time I have executed
about 8-10 trades in the e-mini.  Fill time has been abt 1-2 minutes.  I have
had a couple of bad experiences though.  On one occasion, my data indicated
that my stop had been hit, but the BEST software did not report my fill on the
stop.  I wrongly assumed that I was still in the trade since I rcvd no fill
rpt.  In an IRC type function that they have in the software, I finally found
that my stop loss order had been filled.  In the mean time I had put in other
orders, thinking I was scaling out of my position.  Fortunately it only cost
me about 1.5 points, plus commissions.  My broker told me that I should assume
that I was filled on the stop when I saw the price hit my stop on BMI. He told
me that the software report is not necessarily right, nor is it necessarily
their responsibility for it to be right.  I spoke with a person who identified
himself as Jerome Bressert and he said that they were fixing some problems
with the software/network/machines.  I believe in the same conversation, I
asked the person who identified himself as Jerome Bressert if I was indeed
flat in my positions.  He said I was.  The software was not reporting my
position properly and I asked my broker...  I was still in with one contract.
Fortunately It was going my way.  I closed it out with a profit, and had the
broker read the actual ticket to me over the phone.  In another trade I was
filled at 1163.25.  My BMI data indicated that the price had not touched that
price within 1/4 pt in either of the two minutes on either side of my fill
bar.  This trade was not reported on the BEST software either.  Thirteen
minutes after placing the trade I confirmed via the IRC type feature in the
software, then called and had my broker read the ticket to me over the phone.
Later, without me asking, the credited my account with 1/4 pt.  My Acct. info
sheets that I get in the snail mail accurately reflect my trades, but to this
date, my trades are not accurately reflected in the BEST software.  My broker
assures me that they are working on the software.  I am a rank amateur in the
trading business.  Perhaps these are the lessons I have to learn...just be
careful.
Ron