Re: CBOT Memberships & Grain Marke Liquidity

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: CBOT Memberships & Grain Marke Liquidity
  • From: Ira <ist@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 11:59:35 -0500 (EST)

this may all be true and therefor leads a trader in these futures to use options
as a hedge and not depend on stops.  With options a defined risk can be obtained
with little or no slippage if used properly. There is the argument that most of
the old-timers in the pits don't understand options, don't want to know about
them, and will stand by the good old boy network they have used for years. In
shallow markets it becomes easy to run stops and manipulate price action to a
certain degree.  If run to far out of line, then the big boys come to play, so
they do use care.  Good trading, Ira