Re: help - Penny Stock Selection

FWIW,

No affiliation, etc...

Richard

,
                         PGOLD XPRESS

A Free-zine dedicated to showing you ...
> ... how to invest in penny mining stocks
>> ... how to avoid being part of the 97% who lose money
>>> ... how to join the 3% who make money (from the 97% who lose!)

>"I get the facts...I study them patiently...I apply imagination."
   -- Bernard Baruch (1870-1965),
      legendary financier and adviser to U.S. presidents
November 17, 1998
Issue #009

PGOLD XPRESS (PGX) is a FREE newsletter about penny mining stocks.
Published 10 times per year, the content is totally original.  You will
not read this information anywhere else on the Internet.

PGOLD XPRESS is NOT a "hot tips" newsletter. Tips just don't
work, especially not penny mining stock tips... they are often
just a paid-for part of the promotion, which delivers the
information that you are SUPPOSED TO HAVE ... or what I call "THE
STORY."

> ***You don't make money by being PART OF THE STORY.***

THE STORY is the promoter's main weapon.  It is THE STORY that
puts most investors into the 97% group that loses money at penny
mining stocks.  As a result of reading PGX, you will become
invulnerable to THE STORY.

While PGX *WILL* make you a better penny mining stock investor
and while it *WILL* keep you from becoming part of the 97% who
lose money, it won't bring you into the fold of the 3% who win at
penny mining stocks.

> Only PennyGold can do that.

PennyGold is powerful software that will turn you into a
self-reliant, successful penny stock investor.  For order and
price info, please see:

>>  http://www.goodbytes.com/pennygold/6012899.html

-----

NOTE: I never send PGX unsolicited.  There are only two ways to
get on the PGOLD XPRESS mailing list:

1) You have purchased PennyGold;

2) You visited the PennyGold Web site and subscribed.

-----

>     SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE
If a friend forwarded you this e-mail, and if  you would like to
subscribe to PGOLD XPRESS (it's free), you can do so at this
URL...

>> http://www.goodbytes.com/pennygold/pgxprs1.html

To unsubscribe, go to the following URL and enter your e-mail
address. If you use more than one e-mail address, be sure to
enter the same one that you used when you subscribed.

>\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////
As I review the back issues of PGOLD XPRESS, I realized that
it's developing into a serious mini-university level course in penny
mining stocks.  Best of all, it's FREE!

To get the most out of it, please print and read the back issues at:
>>  http://www.goodbytes.com/pennygold/pgoldxpress/
>\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////

OK, on to this issue's contents...

>\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\////////////////////
IN THIS ISSUE:
     - SPECIAL NEWS
     - ARTICLE OF THE MONTH
     - POSTSCRIPT
>////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Well, as the old saying goes...

"I've got some good news, and I've got some bad news..."

Actually, it's five pieces of good news first...

> SPECIAL NEWS, #1 -- 3,400 SUBSCRIBERS!  Thank you for your
support and kind comments!   :-)

-----

> SPECIAL NEWS, #2 -- PennyGold V.1.5 has been released, and to a
terrific reception.  In the words of more than one PennyGold
owner, "an already great tool has gotten even better -- I would not
have believed improvement was possible!"

-----

> SPECIAL NEWS, #3 -- The Globe and Mail is kind of like the
USA's Wall Street Journal and Barron's rolled into one.  They did
an article on a PennyGold owner a while back.  I guess they were
so intrigued with his story (he talked about PennyGold a bit),
they decided to run a feature article on "yours truly"...

>>  http://www.goodbytes.com/pennygold/in_the_news-globeken.html

Please don't look at the photo -- I look better than that!  ;-)

-----

> SPECIAL NEWS, #4 -- PennyGold has been getting great results
*in the midst of the worst junior mining market ever.*  So what
happens when life comes back to mining exploration?...  Watch out!

Here's the experience of one PennyGold owner...

In April, 1998, a happy PGPer sent me the following letter...

"PennyGold has been my savior in my search for low priced,
quality stocks. Not only has it given me the tools to find these
stocks, but has increased my own "brain power" and knowledge in
all areas of the junior mining industry.

The feeling it has given me must be what a blind person who has
been given sight must feel like. Unlike any other software I have
ever purchased, the support I have received was worth the price
alone."
>Marvin Janzen, mjanzen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Seven months later, in the midst of one of the worst junior
mining markets ever, Marv e-mailed me again...

"Sorry that I haven't chatted with you for so long, but like you
I am extremely busy. Aside from working full time weekend shift
at Standard Aero, I also run a successful business during the
week. I have 60 locations in rural Manitoba where I set up carpet
cleaning rental equipment in grocery/hardware stores just like
Rug Doctor does in the city. Trying to keep up with e-mail and
trading stocks I get done on the 25th hour of the day.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that my stock portfolio is (*for
the first time in my life*) doing fantastic. I had it built up to
19 stocks. Out of that 7 have doubled or better and the total
portfolio is at a pleasing 53%.

Thank you Ken for Penny Gold and the great support I received
from you as well as all the PGPers who are what is keeping PG a
success."
>Marvin Janzen, mjanzen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----

Please note:  The "biggest name" penny mining newsletter writers
and "tipsters" are DOWN by over 50% during 1998.   PennyGold is
profitable in the worst junior mining market of the last 40
years. And wait 'til the market comes roaring back...

-----

And the very next day, I received the following e-mail from
long-time PGPer, Hank Henry...

"When I first began pennygold I was skeptical, but convinced that
it was worth trying.  I'm always looking for ways to spread my
investments into new areas.

I have always had a day trading account accessible in the
American markets, but not for long. This year's comparison to my
pre-PennyGold experience is astounding. Pennygold is ahead, hands
down. If I had 10 hands they would all be hands down!

Pennygold is ahead and I've never seen the percentage in
investment this good. Nor the amount of work necessary be less.
It has produced for me since May every month and with very little
effort and certainly without all the "noise" in my life.

On a scale of 1-10, Pennygold is a 25! Seriously, there is no
scale to adequately describe what this tool does for the
investor.  Thanks again, Ken."

>Hank Henry,  hankhenry@xxxxxxxxxxx

-----

For the full list of testimonials, please see...
>> http://www.goodbytes.com/pennygold/PGuserfeedback.html

If you have any doubt whether PennyGold is for real, ask yourself
if you have ever seen a site with this many glowing reports, all
of whom have agreed to supply their names and e-mail addresses so
that you could verify that they are all real.

-----

> SPECIAL NEWS, #5
Since the last issue of PGX, the junior markets remain
super-depressed.  Here's a quick random sampling of penny mining
stocks for you to check out:
>>     http://www.goodbytes.com/pennygold/quotes-ext/index.html

Why is this great news?  Because for the next two months, the
junior mining markets will be running a clearance sale.  It's called
"TAX LOSS SELLING."  That's where all the people who bought at
$2.00 are now selling stock at a dime ... so they can write it off
their taxes.

After December 31, the markets should remain dead for a couple of
more months.  Which means some great buying opportunities over the
next four months.

-----

> AND NOW FOR THE BAD NEWS...

This is the last regular issue of PGOLD XPRESS.  As we approach
our 1,000th and final copy (we're almost at 700), the group of
PGPers will stabilize.  PGX has fulfilled its promise -- you know
a lot more about penny mining stocks, and you should be totally
invulnerable to THE STORY.  And I've run out of things to say in
the PGOLD XPRESS.

I've also stopped writing the articles for Canadian MoneySaver.
They started pressuring to publish tips and proprietary info
(i.e., criteria and procedures that only PGPers know) -- so I've
terminated that relationship.  I'll never reveal the PennyGold
"crown jewels."

Which brings me back to why this is the last regular issue... I
just don't have much more to add.  From time to time, however, I
do expect to have enough good information to put together a
SPECIAL ISSUE and send it to everyone.

To make sure that the regular issue goes out with a bang, I've
written a special article about *THE* key to success in penny
mining stocks... self-management.

>ARTICLE OF THE MONTH

>  Self-Management -- the Key to Success in Penny Mining Stocks
>> With Apologies to Rudyard Kipling

Once you understand the basic concepts covered on the Web site
and in the back issues of PGOLD XPRESS, you're ready to really
*LOSE* money, big-time.

Yes, I said "LOSE."  Know why?

Because most people forget it all. They quickly lapse into what's
easy and instinctive ... the "greed-then-grief" herd mentality.

There are two keys to defeating this natural tendency to lapse
back into "loser mode"...

1) Manage yourself with intelligence, discipline and confidence.
This is the topic of this article.

2) Develop a rigorous, systematic approach to accumulating and
analyzing data.  This is what the PennyGold software and book are
all about.

OK, on to successful self-management.  First, the big picture...

1) Understand why you want to invest in penny mining stocks.

There are many investment arenas.  Why choose this game?  The
answer is simple -- inferior opponents!

When I play golf, I'd rather play with someone better than me.
That's how I improve.  But we're talking about investing, where
the idea is to make money.  So where would you rather play?...

In the (still-)overpriced TSE/NYSE game?  The *SERIOUS* melt-down
is yet to come (wait until investors catch on to what Y2K will do
to corporate earnings!).  And this game is loaded with extremely
smart and tough players who do this for a living.

Or, perhaps you'd rather speculate in the options or futures
markets, brutally risky and populated by pros who know one
hundred times what you do, and know it sooner, too?

No, I decided long ago to play a game loaded with incredible
bargains, against low-quality players who are ruled by the
"greed-then-grief" psychology that drives all treasure-hunting
stocks.

When I find a "too good to be true" stock, I naturally ask
myself, "What's wrong with this picture?  Why don't others see
it?"  The answer is reassuring -- "Because they are bad players
who lose money."  In the blue chip markets, the answer could be
... "Because they are smart players who know more than me.  What
I know about that stock may already have been factored in long ago."

2) Do it seriously.  Treat this as a serious competition.

If you were to decide to invest in blue chips, you would approach
it systematically and with dedication.  If you didn't, you would
be chewed up by the pros who do.

Somehow, when it comes to penny mining stocks, many people just
like to play hunches.  They just kind of pick and choose among
tips from the brother-in-law, broker, or newsletter writer.

So... if you approach junior mining seriously, you'll have a huge
leg up on the hunch players.  But you still won't be ready to
make money.  You still have to get ahead of other "serious"
investors who do their homework.

Now, on to the specifics of self-management.  Do you remember
Rudyard Kipling's masterpiece of a poem, IF?  The keys to your
success lie in that poem...

---

"If you can keep your head when all about you Are losing theirs...
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt..."

Ask yourself, "What is the 97% doing?  Am I acting like them?" If
you buy when the 97% buy and sell when they buy, you'll lose
money ... just like them.

The 97% respond to information that they are supposed to know.
Whether it's a tip from their broker or exhaustive research, it's
simply information that they are supposed to know!  Unless you
are a true insider (ex. the Siamese twin of the President --
anything else is just rumor), all you really know is THE STORY.

If you base your decisions on what you are supposed to know,
you're destined to lose (unless of course, you are an
experienced, professional investor with strong geological
training).  I know that's cynical, but it's reality.  That's why
I decided to find and buy stock before the insiders even develop
THE STORY, and before the pros had any data to analyze.

As a result of collecting the right data, you can indeed identify
stocks that are ripe for a promotion.  Here's the hard part,
though...

The highest potential stocks look unattractive at first and
second glance -- "ugly" would be a better word.  They trade in
low volumes.  Their price is worryingly low ("Geez, at that
price, they must be about to go under.").  I often find myself
doubting, "What's wrong with this picture -- am I the only one
who sees the value below the surface?"

When you experience this, you'll understand what it is like to
find a stock that shareholders are dumping and that everyone else
ignores.  Your broker doesn't talk about it.  There are no press
releases about it.  Zero hype.  It's scary to be alone.

Even though you do all your homework to be sure it's not about to
delist or otherwise die...  and even though you find data that
indicates it has a high potential for a future promotion... It's
still tough to buy when everyone else is doing the opposite.

That's the time to recall Kipling's poem and to ask again, "What
is the 97% doing?  Am I acting like them?"

The answer is that everyone else is acting on the basis of
current info, which seems bleak.  No one seems to realize that
these stocks cycle.  So they are dumping and running to "hotter"
(i.e., overpriced) stocks.  If you identify a stock with a high
likelihood of an upcoming promotion, and then buy it, you will
most definitely not be acting like the 97%!

---

"If you can wait and not be tired by waiting..."

Once you identify a stock that meets all PennyGold criteria, put
in a low bid.  Then be patient.  Don't chase the price. If you
miss it, another bus always comes along.

Undisciplined players don't care if they buy the stock at $0.06
or $0.09.  They think, "Hey what the heck.  It's only three
pennies!  If the stock goes up to $0.30, who cares!"  Wrong.
Let's say you buy $1,800 worth of that stock.  At $0.06, you buy
30,000 shares, but only 20,000 shares at $0.09.  If you sell at
$0.30, your return is $9,000 instead of $6,000!

And this is a very common example.  It's simply the difference
between "sitting on the BID" and "hitting the ASK."  It pays to
be patient, especially given current market conditions.  You will
almost always get filled at your price.

After you buy according to the PennyGold strategies, you simply
hold for as long as it takes.  That's both easy ... and hard.

It's easy because it's very low maintenance.  No tracking hourly
or even daily price changes.  You don't worry about 30% price
moves up or down -- these are just background noise.  Actually,
drops in price often indicate a final "clearance sale" before the
next big cycle.

But it's hard because you do have to stay patient.  Historically,
the average PennyGold hold period has been 11 months.  The
shortest hold was 3 weeks, when Fairfield (now Fairstar -- FFR-T)
went from $0.12 to $0.60.  The longest hold was Ormico (OMX-M),
which took two-and-a-half years to jump from $0.10 to $0.40.

If you can "not be tired by waiting," you will do well with the
PennyGold strategy.  But holding stocks month after month with
little or no movement can be quite trying... unless you have full
confidence in what you are doing.

---

"If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much..."

One of the most important elements in any junior mining stock is
the President.  Know your promoter.  Develop a thumbnail
sketch...

o track record -- do his other companies, past and present, show
high price fluctuations?  I don't care whether they stay high.  I
just want proof that he can "move a stock."

o reputation -- is he a scammy promoter, or an honest geologist?
It doesn't matter which.  But, when I talk to him, I do need to
know how to interpret his answers to my questions.

o priorities -- are there other horses in his stable?  Which
stock is his priority?  I would rather know that he intends to
get around to my target in a few months, rather than be involved
in his current #1 priority.

Once I understand the Prez, and after I accumulate objective
data, I enter it all into the PennyGold software.  Now I'm ready
to talk to the Prez.  Whether he intends to or not, he'll give
you the final pieces to the puzzle ... as long as you know what
to ask, how to ask it, and how to interpret it.

Interpreting answers is important.  You must not let the Prez
"hurt you" and you must not let his answers "count too much" with
you.  Interpret... don't believe!

---

"If you can dream--and not make dreams your master..."

Remember that stock you bought eight months ago at a dime?  Guess
what?  It jumped today to $0.32.  Apparently there's some big
deal announced with the Ministry of Mines of some god-forsaken
third world country that has the largest diamond (or uranium or
palladium or whatever else is hot) deposit this side of the
galaxy.

So what do you do?  Hold until it goes to $5, like everyone says
is going to happen?  Nope.

Don't dream about hitting a home run.  There's no such thing as
"a lock."

Don't fall in love with your stock, or THE STORY.

Don't feel loyalty to it, or the Prez.  Instead...

Treat it like a used car that has suddenly become highly
desirable for some reason you don't understand.  Sell it!  Yes,
take your 300% gain and go back and look for another bargain.
You'll be much better off.

Don't worry about "how high it will go."  It's no longer a
super-bargain, undervalued, unknown stock.  If you hold it, you
will not be playing the PennyGold game anymore.  Keep ice water
in your veins -- don't let THE STORY make your blood boil!

Asia Minerals (AMP) is a great recent example.  A PennyGold owner
managed to snag some AMP at prices ranging from $0.06 to $0.09.
When it jumped, he dumped a good part at $0.26, then e-mailed me
to agonize over whether to hold the balance "for the ride."

When he realized that this money (the value of the appreciated
stock) was now his, and that the stock was no longer the same
proposition, he sold the balance at $0.22.  Now he has four times
the ammunition (cash) to find more super-cheapies.  Where AMP
goes from here is irrelevant.

---

"If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;"

Although I have experienced great success with the PennyGold
strategies, I'd be the first to tell you that these are high
risk.

If you do your homework well, you can reduce your risk.  If you
diversify wisely, you can further reduce your risk.  But you can
never eliminate it.

The risk for any stock is 100%.  Yes, total loss.  Understand
ahead of time that you will make mistakes.  Some of them will be
costly.  So you must be able to keep the big picture firmly in
mind.

---

"Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!"

-----

OK, maybe the conclusion is a stretch (especially if you're
female).  But if you manage yourself according to Kipling's
words, and if you do your research well, your overall rate of
return will exceed any other investing arena you could consider.

>>POSTSCRIPT

DISCLAIMER
As you know, I am NOT an investment adviser.  Please do not take
what I say as investment advice. YOU have to be the final judge
in how to best use the information contained in this newsletter
(or whether to use it at all).  In the final analysis, we all
have to be responsible for our own decisions.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK
I want to make PGOLD XPRESS as useful to you as possible.  If you
have any suggestions, tips, or other comments, please e-mail me
at kevoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Or call me directly at 514-458-1064.

PRONOUN GENDERS
I use the male pronoun exclusively for ease of reading.  Please
read as either male or female.

Written by Ken Evoy, M.D.,
President of GoodBytes Information Products Inc.
(c) copyright 1998 GoodBytes Information Products Inc.