Re: Jeff Cooper's Hit and Run Trading II

Jeff:
   I have no problem with the book if it is called The Short-term Stock
Traders's Best Friend instead of Short-term Stock Trader's Bible.
By using the word Bible which would imply the book stands on its own and is
head and above everything else, which is hardly the case.  As a matter of
fact, his Expansion Breakout techniques are downright dangerous.  Ever heard
of the Turtle Soup ?

                                                 Good Trading

                                                 John

At 09:47 AM 11/19/98 PST, you wrote:
>If a newbie entering the market is so gullible as to think that the secret
of automatic trading profits can be held in one's hands for a mere $99, no
power on Earth can prevent them from losing hundreds if not thousands of
dollars.  I have not seen Cooper's new book, but I have *Hit and Run 1*.  In
my opinion it is better than 80-90% of trading books currently in print,
stressing key issues such as money management, risk control, simplicity,
preparation, etc.  For example:

>"Money management is more important than entry strategies." (pg. 9)
>"I became a much more profitable trader when I learned to scratch a trade"
(pg. 9)
>"Doubling up is for losers" (pg. 10)
>"This is not an easy game......There are probably fewer *full-time*
professional traders in this country than there are professional athletes"
(pg. 11)